DARRYL G. CHAMPAGNE
Litchfield NH 03052
- Extensive experience defining architecture, designing and developing Java and C++ software infrastructure and applications, Web Services, software toolkits, mobile device software.
- Migrate complex product into AWS Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Middle tier focused Agile Java development
- Extensive experience
developing and implementing technical standards.
- Designed and
developed SyncML/OMA-DS/OMA-DM web servers and mobile device clients.
Co-Chair, Member, SyncML/OMA-DS standards committee.
Software Engineering Highlights
Windows, Symbian, UNIX/Linux, embedded systems
Software Architecture, DevOps, CI/CD, Mobile Device Development, Technical team leadership, Data Synchronization, SyncML, OMA-DS, OMA-DM, Web Services, Standards Development, REST, XML
Software Engineer IV, Ericsson, Manchester, NH, Waltham, MA
January 2014 to Present
- Migrate product line into AWS Software as a Service (SaaS), addressing versioning, machine migration and scaling. Asset Management and Tracking for the Agile Telco
- Middle tier focused Java development on Adaptive Inventory (for Telecoms). Features such as ID and IP Address management. Patches and support on all areas of product.
- CI/CD Lead - Create extensive CI/CD platform to resolve serious build issues. Improve build quality from nearly 60% nightly build failure rate to less than 3%. Drive integrated DevOps.
- Environment Lead - create library of standard development and test machines (virtual, Kubernetes and physical) with an assortment of application servers and databases for development and test.
Senior Software Engineer / Android Team Lead, Nokia, Burlington, MA, Boston, MA, Cambridge, MA
September 2010 to January 2014
in Nokia Pulse Mobile Clients – a location based social networking
Phone 8 clients in C#.
- Symbian and Meego clients
Consulting Engineer, Samsung,
July 2009 to September 2010
(Java) software development.
Technology Evangelist, Funambol ("The Mobile
Open Source Software Company"), Remote
January 2007 to October 2008
C++ and Java Prototypes related to IMAP, ActiveSync and Data
Wireshark/Ethereal TCP/IP Protocol analyzer
WBXML support for ActiveSync and OMA-DS / OMA-DM / SyncML 1.2, 2.0
Contract Software Engineer, Funambol,
Various others, Part-time, Remote
January 2004 to September 2010
Vice-Chair OMA-DS, Open Mobile
Alliance ("The Center
of Mobile Application
March 2007 to March 2009
OMA-DS / SyncML 2.0.
Chair in running group, tracking and achieving release schedules,
coordinating with, and presenting to other technical committees.
Contract Coordinating Editor, Liberty
Alliance Project ("Building open standard-based specifications for
federated identity and identity-based Web services ") via IEEE-ISTO,
Full-time January 2004 to December 2006,
Part-time January 2007 to September 2007
editors of Liberty Alliance Project technical specifications, including
schema validation, consistency revisions, and generation of official
in development of technical specifications, and updating for Web Services.
tools for DocBook and other support tasks,
assist in website development.
Principal Software Engineer, Openwave
Systems Inc. ("software applications and infrastructure for mobile and
broadband operators"), Burlington MA, March 2002 to December 2003
- In-house multi-threaded web server for high performance Web
Services implementations. Refactored to achieve 40 percent performance
increase. Integrated SSL support.
SyncML activities, including co-chairing Datasync
a SyncML compliant web-based data synchronization engine.
Software Architect, Pumatech/Intellisync (PIM Data Synchronization),
July 1997 to March 2002
to SyncML Committee. Editor and Reviewer of several specifications.
a SyncML compliant interface to a web-based data synchronization engine,
including vCard / vCal / iCal parsers.
- Developed and provided initial support for a software
developers kit (SDK) to allow access to a desktop data synchronization
engine (See SDK Brochures). Led team through several
- United States
Patent 6,925,477: Transferring records between two databases. Awarded Aug